Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I’m A Mother, But Who Am I Really?

By Tina M. Games
When Betty, a good friend of my father’s, asked me at a family wedding, “So what are you doing these days?” I completely froze. I had no clue what to say. I was six months pregnant with my second child and had been out of the workforce for two years. I had chosen, for better or worse, to be a stay-at-home mom.

Fortunately for me, Betty sensed my discomfort and chose to rephrase her question, “What would you like to be doing?” Much to my surprise, bells went off in my head and I started rattling off a “to do” list.

After that encounter, it became clear to me that my identity had always been tied into my career. Without it, I didn’t know who I was. I was a mother, but who was I really?

Society puts a lot of pressure on a woman to do what’s right for the family. This pressure often comes from well-intentioned individuals who don’t fully understand that in order for a mother to be at her best, she needs to fulfill her own needs and desires. And the best way to do this is to live with authenticity.

That is why I became a life purpose coach for women who are challenged with the loss of personal identity. It is also why I am hosting a very special FREE online event discussing this very subject…

Please join me and 10 other amazing creative writing mothers and grandmothers for a special 3-day telesummit:



I’m a Mom… But Who Am I Really?
April 26th, 27th and 28th
10am PDT, 1pm EDT, 6pm UK
Register FREE at

If you cannot make the live event,
register anyway so you can download the audio.

Here's the guest line up:

• Tina M Games - Author of Journaling by the Moonlight
• Lynn Serafinn - Transformation coach, author, humanity-based marketer
• Marney Makridakis - Founder of ArtellaLand.com and the ARTbundance™ Philosophy
• Paula Scardamalia - Story Muse and Dream Coach
• Cari Vollmer - Passion into Profit Mentor
• Tamara Gold - Life Stylist
• Linda Joy Myers - Author, therapist, writing coach, entrepreneur
• Ruth Folit - Software designer, Founder International Association for Journal Writing
• Beverly Down - Creativity coach, author
• Laura West - business coach, author, speaker
• Lorraine Harrell - Author, poet, playwright, radio host, creativity coach

On each of our 90 minute broadcasts, we’ll be discussing motherhood, intuition, journal writing and creativity – and how they all can weave together to help a woman better understand her divine purpose and how to create a meaningful life that reflects it.
This telesummit is being held in celebration of the re-release of my book Journaling by the Moonlight: a Mother's Path to Self Discovery, which is celebrating its 1-year anniversary on May 3rd, just in time for Mother’s Day. We're holding a big online birthday party for the book, where you can receive a complete collection of free gifts when you buy the book (or the beautifully illustrated accompanying Journaling by the Moonlight card deck) on May 3rd. When you register for the telesummit, you'll receive information on how to buy the book so you can receive these gifts.
I hope to "see" you on the "I'm a Mom… but who am I REALLY?" telesummit on April 26th through 28th. Again, you can register for FREE at
http://moonlightmomscircle.com/book-launch/pages/telesummit.html
I believe when a mother is happy and fulfilled, it's like dropping a pebble being into a pond; the ripples from her happiness make happier families, happier communities, and spread happiness throughout the world.

Here’s to celebrating a life filled with passion and purpose and creating BIG ripples!











Tina M Games
Author, Journaling by the Moonlight

No comments: