Friday, August 28, 2009
Top Ten Problems in File Prep
1. Fonts not embedded in PDF or missing in application files.
2. Incomplete or corrupt files.
3. Colors that are not converted from RGB to four-color CMYK mode.
4. Inadequate bleeds.
5. Image resolution placed too low or too high (always use 300 DPI).
6. B&W images saved in RGB instead of CMYK.
7. Images delivered in wrong file format (JPG, GIF). Use TIFF, PSD.
8. B&W images saved as RGB or CMYK
9. Missing images in applications.
10. Wrong applications use for complex page layouts (Word, Powerpoint). Use publishing programs like Indesign, Quark, or Pagemaker.
Provided by NetPublications, Inc.—an award-winning on-demand printing, publishing and fulfillment company with 25 years of experience in the book and manual business. We are an independently owned facility, headquartered in Poughkeepsie, New York. (www.netpub.net)