Stephanie Gunning is a bestselling author, editor, and publishing consultant with over 25 years of experience in the book business. Her Get a Book Deal Coaching Program is a powerful proven system that she strategically developed from her background as a senior acquisitions editor at Bantam-Doubleday-Dell and editor at HarperCollins Publishers, and her subsequent career helping create, place, and market books for dozens of non-fiction writers, including New York Times and national bestselling authors Gregg Braden, Arielle Ford, Ruby Payne, and Hale Dwoskin, among others.
During our call, Stephanie shared some valuable information and answered questions about the following:
- What makes an author or a book concept attractive to a publisher?
- The way publishers run their numbers when deciding how much to pay an author for a book project they want to acquire
- Book advances and book contract
- Does it help to have an agent? If so, how do you find the right one?
- How does a publishing consultant differ from an agent?
- Why you need to write a book proposal
- Why you should never pay literary representatives money to read for you
Want to Get a Book Deal in 2010? Stephanie will work one-on-one privately to coach you to help create your book proposal.