Janet stumbled upon this deep soul writing process during a time of great distress. Believe it or not, her dog brought her a divine message that led her out of depression and gave her insight into a totally new understanding of meditation and writing that she shares in her new book.
Janet realized that her deep soul writing practice was something more than journaling. Lots of people journal, but not a lot of people experience the clear guidance and profound miracles she experienced on the page. So Janet set out to investigate why. She wanted to know what happens in body, mind, and spirit when we engage in deep soul writing. The result is her new book, Writing Down Your Soul: How to Activate and Listen to the Extraordinary Voice Within. On our interview, Janet shares the fascinating reasons that the process works so well to open the writer to his or her soul's purpose, desires, wisdom and guidance.
Whether you journal now and want to deepen your writing practice, or have never picked up a pen, you can use the easy method described in Writing Down Your Soul to begin the most profound conversation of your life.Learn the five magical questions you need to ask your internal guidance. Find ways to bring out areas that need to be healed in the privacy of your own space. How to ask for and receive comfort, guidance, and protection.
In our interview, Janet shares the details of how to use these seven steps to get into theta brain wave:
- Set your intention to connect with the voice inside you
- Address the voice directly: Dear ______ (fill in the blank with whatever name you want)
- Write by hand
- Activate all five senses. Vision, hearing, and touch are automatic in this process, but include a candle, incense, aroma oil, or flowers for smell and water for taste
- Ask open-ended questions as you write.
- Write fast; don't stop to correct grammar, spelling, punctuation (very hard for me as an editor). Just let the words flow from spirit to paper without the interference of logic or correctness.
- Be grateful; say thank you.
Purchase Writing Down Your Soul.
Visit Janet Conner's Web site http://www.writingdownyoursoul.com/