Sunday, May 22, 2011

Book with a View May 2011





The Sid Series ~ A Collection of Holistic Stories for Children
ISBN: 978-0982572207
Price: $15.95
Publisher: Write On!
Pub date: October 2009
Pages: 54
Genre: Children, mind-body-spirit

The Sid Series is an endearing collection of twelve short stories for young children. Each story shows how Sid and his grandparents experience universal truths about living and loving on Planet Earth. For example, Sid encounters angels and fairies, explores the magic and power of his imagination, and learns to look within for love and guidance. I love that the stories speak clearly to three year old children, and also excite the mind and heart of my nine year old daughter. If we can read books like The Sid Series to our youngest children, we can begin life-long conversations about self-discovery and the loving spirit that lives in all things universal. Thank you, Yvonne Perry, for condensing universal truths into beautiful tales that hold the attention of our toddlers. I feel this book is an act of creation not only for the hearts of our children, but for the wellbeing of our planet.

Alexandra Folz, author of Indigo's Bracelet
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What Would You Do? A Kid's Guide to Staying Safe in a World of Strangers
Author: Melissa Ridenour
Publisher: Headline Books, May 2011
ISBN-13: 978-0938467113

Obviously, there is a need for this information. A copy of this book arrived the same day that my step-granddaughter told me she was learning about "safe touch" at school. She had a difficult time explaining what she had learned, and since she is an A student, there must have been some flaw in how the material was presented. Written so children can understand without feeling panic, What Would You Do: A Kid's Guide to Staying Safe in a World of Strangers is the way I prefer my grandchildren learn about being safe.

From understanding how to use caller ID, setting a family code word, establishing an ICE (In Case of Emergency) list of safe people, to knowing what to do if a stranger comes calling, this book has everything a child needs to know about staying safe whether on the Internet, phone, or at home. With puzzles, quizzes, and a checklist to empower parents, this is a great handbook to help children discover their own answers to personal safety issues. This should be required reading for elementary school children.
Reviewed by Yvonne Perry is the author of Whose Stuff Is This? Finding Freedom from the Thoughts, Feelings, and Energy of Those Around You and The Sid Series—A Collection of Holistic Stories for Children. She is also a member of the National Writing for Children's Center.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself
Author: Dr. Eric Pearl
Publisher: Hay House (October 1, 2002)
ISBN-13: 978-1561708192

I read The Reconnection, Heal Others, Heal Yourself in preparation for an hour-long interview with Dr. Pearl on my show, We Are One in Spirit Podcast. From the time I began chapter 1, I kept hearing in my mind: "impartation of gifts." This is something I hadn't thought of since my intercessory prayer days. For many years while serving as a worship leader, I had witnessed people being healed. I suppose I was hoping that the source of this Reconnective Healing would miraculously infuse Eric's writing and that by reading the book, I might sense an increase the gift of healing in me.
When I reached the close of chapter 8, I found Dr. Pearl's assurance that an impartation can occur with the reading of this book. I could feel the energy when I "played" with it as is taught in the book, but I can't say that any increase in my ability to heal myself or others manifested as a result.
In my interview with Dr. Pearl, he explained how the activation process of this all-inclusive spectrum of healing frequencies can be taught and caught in his weekend seminars. At first, this might sound like the author is trying to get money from people by urging them to attend his seminars. But, in reality he has witnessed doctors, energy workers, and healers as they begin to access a level of healing (light and information) beyond anything any of them has been able to access prior to the seminar.
I may be somewhat skeptic, but I always want to know if something is real. When I posted an announcement on Facebook that Dr. Pearl was going to be a guest on my show, my friend, Wayne, emailed me. Three years ago Wayne attended a lecture given by Dr. Pearl. My friend had been in agonizing shoulder pain for almost nine months, so he raised his hand when Eric asked if anyone had shoulder pain. Eric invited him to come up front. Eric waved his hand in front of Wayne's shoulder. Wayne felt something cool, then warm, then cool again like a breeze blowing inside his shoulder. After a few minutes he was able to raise his arm over his head with barely any pain at all. The next day he was pain free and noted an increase in mobility. Two years later, Wayne had x-rays that showed an inoperable and severely-torn rotator cuff. The doctor couldn't understand why Wayne was not in agonizing pain and how he had so much mobility. Wayne said, "Eric and Reconnective Healing are for real!"

I believe him. The new frequencies of Reconnective Healing have been scientifically measured by researchers, who are now calling it forefront of "Information Medicine." It reminds me of the primordial stem cells that seem to have divine intelligence in knowing exactly where to go to work on a patient to restore heal by regenerating a perfect and natural healing. I find this a very exciting day to be living on the planet, and I look for Reconnective Healing to continue transforming lives.



Bookmark and Share

No comments: