I gave away The Sid Series Coloring Book to everyone who purchased the printed book during my blog tour, but if you purchased the book and didn't get the coloring book, be sure to let me know and I'll send it right away.
Now for information about my Children's Art Showcase!
This will be an interactive event in which I will need some joint venture partners (JVPs) to help me promote it on Twitter, Facebook, and through your email list. For your help, you will get a free copy of the finished e-book compiling all the submissions received. You may use it as a gift or giveaway to help promote your own children's book or product.
This is NOT a contest. I don't believe children should be judged or rejected for their heart-felt creativity. Instead, every effort will be recognized and everyone will be a winner. Every participant will get a free copy of the e-book.
We are looking for original work by children (ages 3 through 8) that demonstrates a lesson he or she has learned by reading The Sid Series.
First, you have to be familiar with the lessons taught in The Sid Series. If you are unable to purchase a copy of my book, please let me know which lesson your child wants to illustrated, and I'll send you a PDF of that story. The widget below may spark an idea also.
Second, share your story by drawing, painting, sketching, or writing about how you learned or have experienced a Sid lesson in your life.
Third, you will sign a release that allows me to use your child's entry to create an e-book
and give it away to everyone who wants it. I will also post every story and piece of art turned in here on this blog.
Fourth, since an e-book is an electronic book, you will need to send me your child's writing as a Word document. You may need a scanner to convert your child's art into a jpg.
Here's a list of Sid lessons:
- Sid’s Fairy ~ Learning about Inner Guidance teaches children to meditate and sense the still small voice inside.
- A Stormy Adventure ~ Facing the Fear of Storms. How have you overcome your fear of storms or the fear of something else?
- The Pirate’s Treasure ~ Finding Treasure Within. What is the greatest treasure and where is it found? How did you find it?
- You Can Be! ~ Understanding Destiny and Making Choices. What would you like to be when you grow up?
- Ask Your Body ~ Understanding the Body’s Needs. Do you know what your body needs to be healthy? How are you helping meet your body’s needs?
- A Ghost in My Closet ~ Communicating with Angels. Have you ever seen or heard a ghost or angel? What did he or she say or do? Do you hear your inner guidance?
- A Powerful Potion ~ The Power of Imagination. Do you believe in magic? Have you ever witnessed a miracle?
- My Friend’s Skin ~ Accepting and Appreciating Diversity. Do you have friends of a race different than your own? What do you like best about that person? What have you done to show love to someone who is not like you?
- Puppy Love ~ Dealing with the Death of a Pet. Has a pet or someone you love died? What does it mean to die? Tell about your experience.
- Old Things New ~ Learning About Recycling. Do you recycle? What are you doing to keep the earth clean and safe?
- Always Be Honest ~ Learning to Tell the Truth. Have you ever told a lie? How did it make you feel? How did you resolve the situation?
- Making Room for Brother ~ Coping with Family Changes. Has your family gone through a big change? Perhaps a new person came into your life, or maybe someone moved out of your home. Tell or draw what happened.